Pages

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Crocodile Rock!

Here is a book I've been planning to do for a while. I had covered some book board a while back with then intent of doing another crazy coptic stitch. The paper was the inspiration. How could I use this paper and not do something slightly crazy with the book?

Like any good coptic book should, this one lies open flat easily, but unlike my other coptic book, it doesn't try to fly open. The inside paper on the covers is a beautiful dark chocolate lokta paper, and the thread is brown as well. I love the feeling of lokta paper.

The paper I used to cover the boards on the outside is recycled paper screen printed in Zimbabwe. I love the print, but I found the paper to be a little difficult to work with. It was a little thinner than I was expecting, so it wrinkled and bubbled easily when I glued it down to the book board. I managed, and I'm sure I'll do better next time I use it, but it caught me off guard the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment