Pages

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Butterscotch

This is a traditional style coptic stitch book I made yesterday. I'm especially excited about this one because it is covered with some of my very own homemade book cloth! Yay! It's actually the same stuff that you can see me make in my video tutorial, here.


I love all the beautiful colors that are in this fabric. It has every color of the rainbow except for green. That was nice, because it left a lot of options open for end paper. I decided on a beautiful butterscotch colored lokta paper, which is almost the same color as the thread. I think it goes nicely with the plaid fabric.

I did switch it up a little with this one by alternating how far onto the book board the stitches go. You can see it in the next picture. Overall, this was a fun book to make, and it was a lot quicker to do normal style. Coming up with variation patterns is hard for me. It takes a while to decide what will look best, and then there's the whole process of poking holes in each signature without the help of a universal template. Grr.

No comments:

Post a Comment