Pages

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Alice and Wonderland

For my Book arts class we did a collaborative book at the end of the semester. We decided as a class it would be fun for each of us to make a page for one of the characters from the books. I chose the Jabberwocky (and I'm still confused as to whether it is a jabberwock or a jabberwocky), even though it really isn't a character, it's just mentioned in a poem. Whatever though.

We were supposed to do a box and a book for this assignment (speaking of which, I should post a picture of my box of books), but since I did a book with a fore edge spine, not to mention the decorative elements, My professor was fine without a box. Whew!

I did more of the cut out book board technique for the card suits on the front cover, and then when they were all covered and whatnot, I gold leafed them! The problem with gold leaf is the glue. You're supposed to wait 30 minutes to an hour for it to get tacky before you put the leaf down, but I only waited 20, and was therefore required to re-leaf a couple of places. I guess it isn't the glue's fault, it's mine. Meh. I also put magnets under the paper and book cloth so the book would maintain it's composure. Terrible book, always flopping about where it shouldn't be. hmph. I tried to put the card suits in order, but I wasn't sure what order that was... let me know if I'm wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment