Pages

Sunday, June 6, 2010

How to Destroy your Iron

It's called heat n' bond. No, I didn't ruin my iron, but I came close. A couple of days ago I tore down 20 sheets of Mohawk superfine and assembled it into text blocks. Of course, there was some leftover paper (a lot of it), so I made that into a couple of text blocks as well. I haven't done a longstitch book in a while, so I decided that would be fun. This morning I whipped out my iron so I could line a piece of leather with some of that pink fabric that I used for the pretty in pink book. This isn't very thick fabric. As I was bonding the fabric to the piece of leather I was using, I noticed it was becoming harder and harder to push the iron around. I took a peek, and was shocked to find that the heat n' bond had melted partially through the fabric and was making its way onto my iron! Gasp! Thankfully, the damage was minimal, and I was able to continue after I located my new ironing friend, teflon paper. I got it from the local screen printer the other day. It's pretty much awesome. Anyways...

I now have two books that are ready to take pictures of and post on my Etsy. I just have to wait for a day that isn't quite as gray as it is today so I can take some (good) pictures.

1 comment:

  1. Mohawk here.... I saw you were using Mohawk Superfine. Thanks! Then I hopped over to your etsy site. Your books are beautiful. Check out feltandwireshop.com and see if you'd be interested in selling them there as well.

    ReplyDelete