Pages

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

10 Books

 

Great news! I now have 10 books on my Etsy! Whoo! Actually, there's this part of me that says, "that's so lame, you should have 50 by now!" and then I find myself agreeing. It really is a lame milestone. I've been pretty slow about getting books made and posted. I do have 8 more books in the works though!

Anyways, here are some pictures of the two books I posted yesterday. The first is a longstitch book. I used recycled brown leather and some of the pink fabric from the pretty in pink book. I think it turned out great.

 

Had fun braiding the wrap around tie.


 

The next one is another cord bound book. This one also turned out great, and would be a good idea for a Father's day gift.




In honor of my 10 book milestone, I thought it would be fun to list 10 of my favorite books, in no particular order.

  1. The Twelve Days of Christmas, Illustrated by Sheilah Beckett
  2. Cinderella, Illustrated by K.Y. Craft
  3. Rose Daughter, by Robin McKinley (heck, insert any book by Robin McKinley here, and it'll work)
  4. The Host, by Stephenie Meyer
  5. The Wheel of Time Series, by Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson (o.k., o.k., I know it's not one book, but you can't really read one without the others, can you?)
  6. The Fablehaven Series, by Brandon Mull (ditto)
  7. Wuthering Heights, by Emily Bronte
  8. Pride and Prejudice, by Jane Austen (question: is there anyone out there who has read this book and not liked it?)
  9. Harry Potter, by J.K. Rowling (and again, with the series)
  10. Ferdinand the bull, by Munro Leaf, illustrated by Robert Lawson
Well, I guess that's it for today. Be sure to stop by my shop to take a look at my newest additions! There will be more coming soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment