Pages

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Waiting (im)patiently

I am waiting for my paper to arrive. Actually, it's here, I'm just not allowed to touch it until June 1 (next Tuesday) because I ordered it through the book arts class at school. Sis. Simpson wasn't in today evidently, but the paper was. I have to wait for her to talk to this semester's class about it before I can get into it. It's probably a good thing though, because if I were to simply open it up and put it in the paper drawer or something, people would probably take paper that wasn't what they ordered, and all that jazz. It would be a disaster, especially since I know how mad I would be if I went and my paper that I need for a book was GONE. So I'm waiting.


I haven't just been twiddling my thumbs though. I have been doing evil things. Firstly, I bought a beautiful leather coat. It was gorgeous ("was?" you ask,) and probably only worn once, if that. I'm serious, this coat was pristine, soft leather, no scuffs or wear on cuffs, elbows, collar, or anything. It was $8. I tried it on, and it doesn't fit me quite right. Too big in the shoulders. After trying it on, I picked it completely apart. I now have a decent amount of beautiful brown leather. It's nice and stretchy, so it's perfect for cord bound books. Mwahaha!!!


See the beautiful pile of leather that coat has become? And that's not all of it either! I got a nice zipper off of it too!

Secondly, I bought a beautiful 1957 atlas on Etsy. It's pretty big, 11 x 14 inches or something like that. I'm especially excited about this atlas for a couple of reasons. I've had this book marked as a favorite for a couple of weeks. I was debating whether or not I should get it because I didn't need it super bad at the time, and we're trying to be careful with our money right now. So I thought, about it for a while, and then went back to it the other night. I spent about 15, 20 minutes thinking about it and looking for a better deal. Then I decided to go ahead and get it. The magical thing is, somewhere in the 15 minutes or so I spent looking around, the seller lowered the price! Whoo! I was pretty stoked about that, so ya, I'm waiting for it to arrive. The funny thing is (well, I don' know it it's funny or if it's just sick), I have every intent on destroying this book just like I destroyed the leather coat. I plan on using the pages for covers/ end papers in my books. I'm pretty sure it's going to be stellar.

So in my spare time (when I haven't been destroying perfectly good clothing or plotting to destroy beautiful vintage books), I've been tearing down paper and making text blocks. Right now I have six books pending completion. If only my atlas would come.
Le sigh.


It's not like I don't have enough paper though (for covers). I have a ton, it's just not what I need right now.


P.S. I marbled these papers myself. I love marbling paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment