Pages

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Vanity Fair and Plaid (coming out my ears)

I'm doing some summer reading. Is fun. After reading the newest Wheel of Time book, The Gathering Storm, I realized that I didn't have the slightest clue what was going on, so I started to re-read the series. So far there are twelve books, I think, and they're really good reading if you're into the whole fantasy genre. I like the series because there's a ton of plot detail, and the story line jumps from character to character, making it fun and quick. If I get bored or annoyed with one person, I just have to read a few more pages and it jumps to the next one. Gotta love it.

Besides that series, I recently picked up the book Vanity Fair, by William Thackeray. I'm about halfway through it right now, and I'm really enjoying it. Thackeray has an awesome sense of humor which catches me off guard sometimes, probably because I'm more used to the writing style of Jane Austen or Charlotte and Emily Bronte. He seems to enjoy making fun of his characters, much to my amusement. I'm looking forward to seeing how the rest of this book plays out.

Enough about my reading escapades, my real purpose here today is to put up pictures of my latest book! It's a case bound book, but I'm happy to report that it is behaving quite nicely, and it turned out well. Finally! A case bound book that works!



 

The blue ribbon bookmark and blue and white end bands come standard with this model. Check it out in my shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment