Pages

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Braids (continued)

I finished the braided cord bound book! It turned out pretty nice, I think, and my husband even said "I like this one." High praise indeed.

 



The paper is from this atlas. I actually felt guilty tearing this page out. It hurt me more than it hurt the book, I think. After seeing the end result though, I don't feel so bad. It's an old atlas, some of the maps are no longer correct (Instead of Russia, it's the USSR, not to mention all the former soviet countries), and the data is outdated (populations and so forth). This atlas has lived a good life, and I think it makes great cover paper.
 

The endpapers are a lovely cloudy blue. I think they go well with the blue on the front and back covers.




Now I'm just debating whether to post it up in my shop, or to test it out some more to make sure the spine keeps the braided look. Le sigh.

1 comment:

  1. I love this too! I think the braids turned out quite nice! And as always, i love your paper choice. You have such great taste.

    ReplyDelete